15 October 2008

Too Tired To Title

So that new job of mine? Has me freakin' exhausted all the time. Too exhausted to knit, which means the brown sweater is not going to be finished for Rhinebeck. *sigh*

I've been spinning a lot, though some of the fiber I've been working on is actually hurting me. Part of the Brigid stash was what feels like llama, and while the yarn is going to be dreamy, it's a pain to draft. As in, my thumb is bruised because I've been holding the fiber so tightly. So I've been spending more time with one of my hand spindles, working on what I think is a silk blend that was part of the same stash. I'll get pictures eventually... maybe this afternoon if I can still stand and think after work.

Aside from the fatigue, life is pretty good right now. I occasionally get this nagging feeling that I've lost something, and when I think about it, it turns out to be all that free time I used to have, and the energy to use it. That makes me a little sad. On the other hand, I'm slowly but surely padding my checking account with this gainful employment of mine, so I'm feeling less like a layabout and more like a productive member of society. A tired member of society, but a productive one.

Now if I could just find the energy to knit. Christmas is right around the corner, after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you'll probably get used to the exhaustion and then your body will compensate for it as it becomes more normal and then you'll be able to do other things after work without keeling over.