Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. Sadly, this trend will likely continue for a few more weeks, maybe to the end of the year. I have been knitting and spinning, and I even went to Webs the other day. I've just been so busy with other projects that I haven't had time or energy to sit down at the keyboard and put thoughts together. Here are some highlights from the last few weeks:
· I have begun spinning the grey ("black") alpaca-silk from the Rhine-stash. Holy Mother of Mohair, it's dreamy stuff. I want each and every one of you to be able to feel it... so get over here. ;)
· The boy decided that he would probably be okay wearing a Jayne hat (Ravelry link) in public, so I'm making my very first one... with no pattern. Watching me curse at the yarn for not naturally forming itself into the number of stitches I wanted it to (as opposed to the number of stitches I actually worked it into), the boy questioned my assertion that I knit to relieve stress, but he didn't question too loudly because I was waving those #5 circs around in a somewhat erratic manner and I'm fairly sure he didn't want to do anything that would get him pierced.
· So yeah, I went to Webs, picked out yarn and needles for the Jayne hat and for sweater cuffs that my mother wants fixed (the sweater, a thrift store find, is falling to bits at the cuffs, so I offered to knit new cuffs from a coordinating yarn), and thought I was finished... except for that ten-minute wait while I had the cuff yarn wound off the cone it was on. That's when my $30 purchase suddenly jumped to $80 as a skein of white Malabrigo and The Alden Amos Big Book of Handspinning fell into my basket. I usually have more self-control than that, but... well, I hadn't splurged in a while, and the Malabrigo was soooooo soft. Y'all understand, I'm sure.
· I'm also trying to ply some silk that's being a pain in the rump, so I'm letting it sit in time-out for a while. It's beautiful, and will become lovely lace, but for now it just needs to sit and think about its behavior and decide how many more ulcers it wants to give me.
· I really do knit and spin to relieve stress, I swear!
And now it's time for work. I'll try to get another post in, maybe even with pictures, before the end of the month. Hopefully.