05 March 2007

We Have A Winner!

Nobody guessed my age, but AllergicMom was only off by a year, so she gets the prize. What has she won? A set of custom ShrinkyDink stitch markers! AM, email me! And congratulations! More exclamation points!!! Yay!!!

*ahem*

I finished SuperSockeSock #1 last night at dinner, just after ordering. The food was really, really late (they ran out of alfredo sauce or something, but compensated for the delay by paying for our dessert and drinks), so my hands had nothing to do for forty-five minutes. Fortunately, my Cool Uncle was there (making up for missing Christmas), and he's a really fun guy, so I barely noticed my empty hands. Cool Uncle was so happy with the hat I made him for Christmas (one of the stockinette caps I was churning out in December) that he wants a sweater now. It must be red, it must be cashmere, and it must look manly. I told him I'd try to make it a 50th birthday present, so I have at least two years, I think. I should probably make a sweater for myself before I make one as a gift, just so I know what the heck I'm doing. I'll probably use this book for my first sweater, but I'd love to know what your favorite patterns are.

More good news: Rosann and Nicole have made Greenery Hats! Yay! I know I say it every time someone makes one of these hats, but... I'm so thrilled that people like this pattern. Thank you all so much. :)

1 comment:

nicole said...

The Greenery hat was a joy to make! Thanks so much for a super duper pattern!!