22 February 2007

Falling and Frogging

They're finished. Finally. The ends have even been woven in. I love these socks, but it took me way too long to make them. This is the problem with having too many WsIP: there are too many distractions.

Falling Leaves socks

There's yet another WIP that I'd like to tell you about, but I'm thinking about submitting it to Knitty, so I don't want to let too much slip. If I do submit it, it'll be for next Autumn/Winter, so I'll just tease you with glimpses of it until then.

frogtastic

That's it on the left, in the jug. See, I got it just about finished tonight, and then decided that it needed to be re-worked, so I frogged it. I'm evil, aren't I? The blue and the crazy variegated yarns were a hat and a pair of mittens that I frogged in the theater on Sunday. (The Bridge to Terabithia is NOT for young kids. The last half hour had all of the adults sniffling and most of the kids sobbing. It was very, very good.) The orange at the bottom is the sock yarn I picked up at Rhinebeck. I'm trying to decide whether to use it or the Supersocke first. The purple is a mitten in the middle of being frogged, and will probably end up being a pair of gloves. Way over on the right you can see a little of the alpaca shawl, tucked away in its bag so the cats don't nest in it.

I have to be up in 8 hours, so it's time for sleep. I hope I can make it upstairs before I fallzzzzzzzZZZZzzz...

No comments: