17 August 2006

The Birth of A Blog

So. Here I am. I have blogs elsewhere in cyberspace, but I wanted one dedicated to knitting, so I came here. This is my first try at Blogger, so we'll see how things go.

I first learned how to knit when I was about eight. I was a 4-Her (with the thick record book to prove it), and my mum decided one of my projects should be knitting. I made a very bright, garter-stitch scarf, which won me a blue ribbon. I followed that up with a pair of mittens and a hat, neither of which were worn more than twice. After that, I didn't touch knitting needles until 2005, when knitting was becoming oh-so-trendy. I kept looking at these knitters and thinking, I know how to do this... but I haven't done it for years. I wonder...

A new addiction was born, a new habit to keep me penniless discovered, and today, a new blog to document this habit springs forth. I hope you enjoy the lunacy, and pardon the sometimes-poor quality of the pictures. Until I can save my pennies for a nice digital camera, I have to sweet-talk my sister into letting me borrow hers. Wish me luck. :)

No comments: