29 August 2006

Third Time's the Charm

I swear, this hoodie is going to turn me into more of a lunatic than I already am. But since this is a Lair of Lunacy, that shouldn't be a problem. ;)

I finished a sleeve. Done, beautiful, ready to be pinned and tried on... and it was too tight. While blocking could have helped a little, I don't want to have to rely on that to make the garment fit properly. So... I frogged it. The whole thing. If any of you want to make my life easier, feel free to send me a ball winder. Oof.

I'm adding four stitches to the ribbing and an additional two or four to the body of the sleeve, plus starting the wrist-to-armpit increases a few rows sooner, so that should help. I want the sleeves to be fitted, but I also want to be able to wear long sleeves under it.

Now for the fun part: I'm thinking of changing the cable. At the wrist, the single 2x2 cable is fine, but as the sleeve widens, the cable gets drowned out by the expanse of charcoal. I have a few ideas, some incorporating techniques found here, but it'll take me some time to finalize my plan. Wish me luck.

No comments: