27 October 2006

meme en même temps

Gazing at the horde of knitbloggers at Rhinebeck made me realize that I don't read nearly enough knitblogs. Over the course of this week I've found a bunch that I like, so I've expanded the list o' links over on the sidebar. If you don't already read these blogs, go read them now. Yes, now. I'll be here when you get back. Don't forget to pack a lunch!

I can't seeee you!
Puppy says:
Please, Mommy, not another meme!

Sorry, puppy. This meme has popped up on a bunch of knitblogs, so I figured I'd join in the fun. I've deleted a few questions because they only apply if the meme is transmitted via email.

1. FIRST NAME? I go by Lilith.
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes, I was given the name because of my resemblance to Frasier's wife on "Cheers" when I was in junior high.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Saturday night
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Pastrami!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? This question makes my brain hurt. Would I be friends with someone like me? Probably not. I'd get annoyed by my quirks.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Paper or plastic?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, as far as I know.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Probably.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Right now it's Shaw's brand vanilla cream mini-wheats. Sugary goodness.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Always.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I lugged five-foot-tall oxygen cannisters around for the better part of an hour Thursday afternoon. You have to be strong to do that. (Yes, I'm dodging the emotional side of the question.)
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Ben & Jerry's "American Pie"
14. SHOE SIZE? women's 8-9.5, men's 7
15. RED OR PINK? red
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? insecurity
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Seth. He was too young to die, but at least he was in my arms when it happened.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? blue, black, and none
19. LAST THING YOU ATE? BBQ style meatloaf at Friendly's
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? I'm listening to the theme song from "I Dream of Jeannie" in hopes of finding inspiration to write a parody.
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? puce
22. FAVORITE SMELL? wood smoke
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? my darling David
24. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Sometimes I notice the eyes, sometimes the smile, but usually it's general body language.
25. FAVORITE DRINK? hot chocolate
26. FAVORITE SPORT? rugby (which American television never freakin' shows... grr)
27. EYE COLOR? dark brown
28. HAT SIZE? My riding helmet is 7 1/8.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? The only contacts I have white-out my irises, so I only wear them when I want to freak people out.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? This really depends on my mood. Some days it's mac-n-cheese, others it's venison sausage, today it's pumpkin bread.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I have to peer over my glasses at scary movies so I won't have nightmares (because everything is blurry over my glasses)... so I much prefer happy endings.
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? winter
33. HUGS OR KISSES? hugs
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? strawberries with real (not canned) whipped cream
35. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? The Ethical Slut is the only thing on my reading list right now, but I think I'm going to pick up The Salmon of Doubt again soon.
36. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don't have a mouse pad. My mouse doesn't need padding. It's not one of those pansy American football players.
37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? CSI: Miami... (PTA moms are freakin' scary)
38. FAVORITE SOUNDS? my cats purring, my lovers' heartbeats, the rustling of leaves as I walk through them at this time of year
39. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? both
40. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? France to the east, Portland, Oregon to the west
41. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? making my lover weak in the knees
42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Farmington, CT

Okay, that's pretty cool. After editing out all of the "who sent this to you" stuff, the number of questions is the answer to life, the universe, and everything. It's definitely time to pick up The Salmon of Doubt again.

*My "puppy" is an almost-ten-tear-old retired racing greyhound named Sassafrass. (Yes, that's one more "s" than the tree has. It's unique. Hush, you.)

3 comments:

Lilith Parker said...

Yeah, it's a blur, but a very, very good one. I wish I'd taken more pictures!

Emily Scott Banks said...

Cool meme; you've inspired me to do my first one. Thanks!

And I love greyhounds...they're like big cats, aren't they?

Lilith Parker said...

*gasp* I'm influential! Granted, it's only a meme, but still. w00t!

My puppy *is* like a big cat, but with a brighter personality, and a more absurd appearance when her feet slip on slippery floors. ;)