03 October 2006

Spend Each Day the Color of the Leaves

Two inches of progress have been made on the Greenery Hat. Exciting, eh?

greenery cables

I wish I knew more cable terminology. Is there cable terminology? I want a way to describe what I want to do with these cables without drawing up a chart. Let's call the current working strands of each cable A and B. What's going to happen, I think, is that each A will reach out and twist with the B from the next pair, then come back to twist with its own B. That should get it to the point where I need to start decreasing.

The 2x2-rib-into-3x3-cable thing wasn't really planned. It was the best solution I could come up with when I realized my previous plan was screwed by an uneven number of ribs. Knitting is like writing: starting with an outline saves time, work, and frustration. One of these days I'll learn to follow my own rules. "Do as I say, not as I do," doesn't make me a very good mentor.

*title from Kermit the Frog's "It's Not Easy Being Green"

No comments: