05 September 2006

Tinkering

If you're viewing this with Internet Explorer, the nifty little progress segment I added to the sidebar won't look as spiffy as it should. Firefox and Opera, however, show it the way it's supposed to be.

This does not surprise me.

The brown bag isn't coming out quite the way I had envisioned, but I think I'll stop futzing with it and just let it be. I realized just how slow a knitter I am when I spent roughly six hours making a piece with an area of roughly two square feet. In stockinette. On US#11 needles. Kill me.

half of the bag

My OCD is screaming at me for not planning out the color progression better, but my creative side kind of likes the "whoops, this is suddenly more orangey" unpredictability. Since this bag will be felted, I'm not too worried about the color shifts sticking out like sore thumbs. Besides, I think I'm going to have a big flap covering most of the front anyway. What you don't see can't make you crazy, right?

...right?

This is a closer look at the coloring. I think it'll felt quite nicely.

stripes

I do still have that chestnut skeinlet tucked away. The idea of using it as a focal point on the flap is sounding better and better. I may have to go on a treasure hunt in the attic to find some more yarn, though... this bag is eating it up pretty quickly.

No comments: